Thursday, November 1, 2007

Preggo Insomnia Strikes Again!

It seems like the more work I have piling up on me the less I sleep, and then I don't get much done during the day because I am tired from not sleeping well at night! I don't know if this insomnia is pregnancy related, work related, or the fact that I have had a miserable cold for the past week that wakes me up because I can't breathe or I am coughing! Oh well, if I'm awake, I'm going to blog about our Halloween!
On Tuesday we took the girls to the pumpkin patch after school because we hadn't made it there yet this year. I forgot my camera, believe it or not, so there are no pics of that except on Johnny's camera phone! The girls had fun in the hay barn, with the giant troughs of corn, big bouncer, and huge hay slide. We were there for the last hour of the last day they were open, so they wasn't much going on! We had the place almost to ourselves! Then we left and I got the girls out of their dirty hay clothes and into their Halloween costumes, and we drove to my parents house to show off our little Angel and our Cheerleader! I thought their outfits turned out great, especially once we got Ava's wings from Aunt Kimmy! I was going to make wings with foam board and glitter, but Kimmy happened to call me while I was at Walmart and for some reason, she had the perfect little set of wings! So I didn't have to make any, and I'm sure these look better than any I could have made! (And I needed them by Tuesday night, and this was on Monday night at like, 9 pm, and neither of us had time to drive to each other's homes to trade the wings. So we made a family chain: her husband Tony met up with my brother Logan (tony works in the same town Logan goes to high school in) after school and gave them to him, who brought them to Mom's house where we went for our first Trick or Treating stop on Tuesday night and put them before anyone saw her costume! See, I always say my family is such great help! :) Then we went to a few more houses to Trick or Treat, like our pastor's home and Johnny's grandparents. After that it was already past bedtime so we hurried home and got the girls bathed and into bed, because Wednesday was going to be a huge day for them!
On Halloween, Maddie Kate kept insisting that she couldn't wear her costume to school. I wanted to just dress her in it for the day, but she wouldn't hear of it! So I went to pick her up at 11 and get her dressed and eat at home and then send her back to school. When I got there, it seemed like there were loads of kids already in costume! I am so sending her in her outfit next year!!
While I was at school, I saw a our little neighbor boy, Peyton, and I said, "Hey, what are you? A ninja?" and he said, "Yeah, what are you?" and I wasn't dressed in costume at all, but I said, "A pregnant girl!" and he looked me up and down and said, "No, you're just Jessica!" I love that kid! He is always so funny without even trying!
We went to the Halloween parade downtown, which is a tradition in our little town that I think is very cute. All the kids are dressed up and the school buses them downtown and they block off the streets and the band and the kids parade down the street to show off their costumes. Ava said she liked it but it was scary! She was right, there were quite a few scary costumes! There were lots of scary masks and stuff, and there was even a kid holding a sword in one hand and a bloody arm in the other! Now that's just too freaky for me!
Ava and her friend Caleb watching the parade! It was a beautiful day for it, last year it rained!
Maddie Kate in her S-V Cheerleader costume! Visions of the future, I'd say!
Then last night, we had our annual Trunk or Treat at our house for our church. It was tons of work, especially for Johnny, he had loads of things to do and set up. We had food, games, a huge bouncer we rented, a hayride, and also several decorated trunks for kids to trick or treat out of.
This is Ava in the bouncer. When she got in she said, "I wanna take off my angel!" because it was too long and she kept tripping over it! So we did, and Daddy decided to wear the wings!
Ha!
Thanks for the wings Aunt Kimmy! They made the outfit!
The Ava Angel eating with Reese the Pink Poodle and Laney the Ballerina Kittycat!
These are a bunch of the kids on Johnny's hayride he put together. It was the hit of the night I'd guess, along with the bouncer!
The angel didn't want to ride in the hay, and that was fine with Mommy! I didn't really want her to fall off anyway, so she rode up front with Daddy!
Maddie Kate with her Cheerleader and football friends! I can't believe how many future S-V cheerleaders I saw for Halloween! I know, Maddie Kate looks terribly short here! The other cheerleaders are the same age as her and the football player is only a year older! My kids are shrimps! :)

I have a Senior session tonight and then a parent-teacher conference tomorrow morning and then the girls and I, my mom and Kimmy are heading to Nashville to visit Alisa! (Johnny says he is going to hunt ALL weekend!) I am excited about it, but hoping I'll be able to sleep in the hotel, since I haven't been sleeping well anywhere lately! Maddie Kate has a cold too, so that's not a good start for a trip!

Well, now I'm finally sleepy again, but it's time to get up and get Maddie Kate ready for school! Why does it work that way?!
I'll try to announce the October blog winner and post some pics later...hopefully...If I don't I'll definitely do it Monday when we get back from Nashville! :)


Jessica

2 comments:

  1. What adorable girls! The cheerleader and angel are so cute!!
    Please give them a kiss and hug from Grandma Hollis.
    Hope you are sleeping better, Jessica. Enjoy your trip to Nashville - be safe!! Hope Johnny gets a deer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jessica

    love your website! you are so good! i can't wait for taylor tobe a senior (picture wise). can't wait to see more senior pics.

    ReplyDelete