Tuesday, September 8, 2009

June, July, & August {Our family}

Okay, so I don't think I have posted any personal pics since maybe Maddie Kate's birthday last May? Not really sure, but pretty sure I haven't posted anything from our summer. So for those of you that are interested, here's a crash post about it!

Oh, and please don't judge me on these pics. A lot of them were taken with my crappy little point and shoot.... :)

This was back at the beginning of June. Sesser Day at the Miner's. For those of you that don't know, the "Miner's" are the Southern Illinois minor league baseball team based in Marion, IL. It's a play on words..ha ha...
All the kids that played little league got to go on the field when our very own Kayla Sample sang the National Anthem (you might remember her senior pics from a week or two back)

Here she is on the Jumbotron:


We spent most of June running to Maddie Kate's softball games...which I can't seem to find any pictures of! I usually take my camera to a game or two...I was probably too busy chasing Cohen and keeping track of Ava to hardly even watch a game, much less take any pics of her playing. That's sad! But she had a good season, I think she didn't strike out at all, and she hits pretty well, we are proud of her!

We went to visit Johnny's grandparents in the middle of June, we hadn't been there in quite awhile. Cousins from Utah were visiting too, so the kids had a big time!


This is Johnny's grandpa, Doyle, riding several of his great grandkids around!


I love the next three. Johnny let Cohen drive the little tractor, and he loved it...as you can see...


"Oh this is so exciting I can't take it!"


"Let's see what this steering wheel tastes like..."


Sesser's Homecoming Carnival is near the end of June, and we always take the kids to play, and Ava remembers it all year long.


Every time we drive by the park she asks about the rides and talks about the dragon rollercoaster...it's a favorite!


Johnny took this one of Ava and I riding a ride. She was so brave, she wanted to ride everything, but was too short to ride alone. So guess who got to ride!? The whole time I'm thinking about that CSI episode where a roller coaster car flies off the track and lands in the parking lot on the cars....and those rides are rickety enough to scare ya, for sure! :)


Yes, she even rode this one, and yes, I did too...ahhh!


This one is really hard to see, I know, night shooting is really tough...but at the top you can see Maddie Kate with her buddy Sydney...


Cohen was too little to ride much, but he gave the cars a workout...


And the baby ferris wheel...


On June 27th, my sister, Alisa, who is my associate photographer at weddings and works for me, (whom many of you may know as Sweed...) got married to Cody Hiller. We have absolutely TONS of pictures of this day...but have not edited but a mere few. One of the perks of being family is that your pics are cheap (or free, lol) but you wait forever to get the editing done! I think she has edited some, but I have only done 3 or 4. One of these days I will do them all and post a ton...one of these days....

Then the day after Sweed's wedding, Maddie Kate went to Camp Hope as a camper for the first time! I had told her last summer that I would go as a counselor with her...not knowing my sister would be getting married the day before! I was worn out! But I was so very glad that I went! Camp is good for me.






This one is Ava and her buddies with glowsticks at the fireworks. I must have taken it right when a red firework exploded.

This is our room at camp. My two leadership (junior) counselors, and my 4 girls (I had a very small room with a lot of help!) and Ava, who stayed out with us a few nights.


And this is what happens when you get home from camp. You unload, take a shower and crash on the couch for hours!


Johnny's Ragland grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary this summer, so we all surprised them and came to their church on a Sunday morning. I'm not sure who took this picture or why all our heads have blown-out spots...but here we all are!

George & Jean Ragland. 60 years!


This is just a funny one I found of Ava. We should not let our kids sit in the playroom to eat, but sometimes we do...and this is what happens... (notice she's got candy in her hand..guess she wasn't eating the food anyway...)


Johnny got a new mower this summer, and it's totally different from the old one! The old one had the regular steering wheel, so he could hold Cohen in one arm and drive with the other. So the new mower was causing a dilemma because Cohen likes to ride with his daddy. But Johnny came up with a solution:


Near the end of July we went to the FWB National Convention. It was pretty much our "vacation" this year! This first one is Cohen with several of the other kids who were in the hallway with their mommies on the first night during service.

Jennifer, Me, & Kylie in front of the fountain at Fountain Square in Downtown Cincinnati.

Here we are in front of the convention center:





Maddie Kate took this one:


Mason, Millie, Maddie Kate & Ava sitting at the fountain!


This one is Ava crashed in the hotel...gotta love the sucker...


Ava's 4th birthday was on August 5th. We had her party on the last day of July.


This is what happens when you fall down the back porch steps twice in two days...


Our family on July 31, 2009


Johnny is too cool for us...


Ava with her cakes




Cohen wearing the cake up his nose!


Then the week of her birthday, Johnny was out at camp as a counselor, so we went out there to do presents and cake with him. Ava loves this tradition, because this way she gets two parties. Her family party and her Camp Hope party. It's only fitting, because the day she was born I was in labor out there trying to get Johnny out of the pool to take me to the hospital! :)


Tyler try not to look so excited...


Princess Ava


This is what kids usually look like at camp...dirty...


Inspired by the new bike trailer Johnny bought for Ava and Cohen to ride in, one day in August we went on a bike ride out by the dam.





The trail we took was 6 miles round trip, and I was very proud of Maddie Kate for riding the whole way by herself!




And now summer is pretty much over, Maddie Kate has started 3rd grade and Johnny has begun teaching 5th grade.
Here they are on the first day of school:


Well thanks to those of you who stuck with it for this entirely long post!
I'll be back later to post some engagement pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment