Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Looks like we're having a....

We just got back from my 17 week Dr. visit, and they were only planning to check the heartbeat, but I asked if they minded to do a quick ultrasound and see if they could tell what we are having. They were super nice and happy to oblige, and the Dr. was warning us that he might not be able to tell, but he would check. We told him we understood, but we were so anxious! So he looked, and Johnny and I could both tell even without the Dr. telling us that there was a little something there that wasn't there with the girls! The Dr. typed the note on the picture and printed it and handed it to Maddie Kate, and she read it slowly, "Looks....like....a.....boy!" and she was so excited! I don't think Ava really understands any of it, but she was happy along with us. My Dr. said he was surprised at how obvious it was, and that he was almost 100% sure that it was a boy. We called all the grandparents and aunts and uncles, and we let Maddie Kate tell pretty much everyone that we called. Everyone is so happy, most everyone says, "Oh, good for Johnny! I bet he's so happy!" Which is totally an understatement! Actually at first I think he didn't believe it, he had convinced himself it was a girl, even though I kept telling him I thought it was a boy!
We go next week to have a detailed sonogram done, and they are providing free 4D ultrasounds now, so we'll get to have one of those in a few months I guess! We had one with Ava, but we had to go on our own and pay for it, so it's nice that it's part of the deal with the Dr. this time, so that's pretty cool!

Things sure will be different around here! Johnny won't be so overrun by the girls now, (he's already talking about hunting and fishing and football...) and I will have to figure out how to be a mommy to a little boy. I also have a nursery to redo! That should be fun!

Hopefully next week after the next sonogram I won't be on here telling you it was a mistake! ha! :)

Jessica

5 comments:

  1. That is so great! It made my eyes water! Congratulations!!!!
    Melodee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your baby's sonogram looks just like Jaxon's...so, I believe you can start buying blue! Jimmy and I are so excited for you, and you are exactly right, life with a boy is completely different. However, so far, I have loved every minute of it!
    Can't wait to meet the little man!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last message was from Sarah Aldridge...sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you guys! I bet Johnny is on cloud 9! Finally a boy!!! I can't wait to meet him!!!

    Love,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Gosh I am crying for real!! I am so excited for you guys! Congratulations! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

    ReplyDelete