Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wow, I forgot...


...how tiring having a new baby can be! Cohen sleeps SO much (we get excited when we get to see his eyes!) , and has only been getting up once during the night the last several nights, which has been great, but last night he was up practically all night. I think his tummy hurt. He and I slept on the couch from about 4 am till around 7 when Johnny got Maddie Kate up for school. And as you know, I can't catch up on sleep during the day, because Ava would probably burn the house down if I did! :) Oh well! Someday I will look back and wish they were tiny again, so I'm going to try not complain about it now! :)Friday night, my boys (Johnny & Cohen) took me out to Red Lobster for Valentine's Day! We couldn't bear to leave Cohen yet, but the girls stayed with Grandma Vickie. (My mom came to help out with things for several days after Cohen was born, and then Johnny's mom came. THANKS MOMS!!!!) It was nice to go on a date! Sunday Cohen made his first appearance at church. It was fun to finally get to show him off! Monday was President's Day, and Johnny & Maddie Kate had the day off of school, and Johnny wanted to introduce the baby to his grandparents who live near Edwardsville, IL. So we drove over there for the afternoon and spent some time with them. I think they were all pretty happy to get to meet Cohen, and the girls had fun playing with Johnny's cousin's kids.I can't stop taking pictures of this new little boy! We took some more newborn pictures on Saturday and Sunday! (9 and 10 days old) It's nice being the photographer, because I can just set my stuff up and leave it for whenever he's in the right mood or whenever I want to, I just have a little session!My sister, Kimberly and her husband Tony came over Sunday afternoon, and she helped me get some of these great shots (she assists me at weddings, I'm starting to think an all the time assistant might be awesome!) . This last picture Cohen is lying on a blanket that she made! It was the first blanket she had crocheted (knitted? I don't know the difference).

Well, I have lots to do, I am trying to get caught up on things around the house and for JHP. Don't forget about the Cohen February Special, if you are thinking of ordering some extras photos from your session or need to place your original order, this is a great time to do that with 10% off. See details on sidebar or below!

I am booking sessions for March/April if anyone is wondering when I am starting work again! I have several already, so let me know if you want to schedule your date!

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute. Thanks for letting me hold him Sunday! He is so precious! Love the ones of johnny holding him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, little baby Cohen has gorgeous eyes. I love the one where he's looking up at the camera-so intense. Can't wait to see them in real life!
    Second, Kimmy can crochet and/or knit?!? I need lessons someday.
    Love,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete