Thursday, July 12, 2007

Never Grow Old!

I am so into writing down funny quotes that people say, and while we were on vacation, I wrote down several that my kids said, and I forgot to post them when I wrote about vacation. So here they are in no particular order!

We ate at Lambert's on the way to Branson and Ava saw the guy throwing the rolls, and he threw some to Johnny for us, and I am not kidding, her mouth was actually hanging open in shock! All night she kept saying, "He throw the bread!"

In Branson, there was a sign with a lady named Ava, and we told her, and she said, "I'm not Ava, I'm Avie Claire!"

We were praying for our food at a meal and I peeked at Ava to make sure she was being good, and she looked at me and put her finger to her lips and said, "Shhhhh!"

We went to church, and the church didn't have a pianist, and they found out my mother-in-law could play, so they asked her to. These 2 men were playing guitars, but they were playing the hymn "Never Grow Old" (which is about going to heaven and not getting old when you are there) very badly, and off key, and Johnny and I were doing all we could not to laugh out loud. I looked at Maddie Kate and she was making a funny face, and she said "Why?!" and it made me really laugh then because I thought she could tell the music was really not sounding good. But then she said, "All these people are old and they are singing "Never Grow Old" !"

No comments:

Post a Comment