Saturday, May 12, 2007

The perfect example of a sweet crazy life!

Thursday afternoon we went to check out some of the old buildings for sale in the outrageously huge metropolis of downtown Sesser. (ha ha) We are still trying to decide what we are going to do for my studio, buy and remodel?, or build new? It is pretty wild to me to even think seriously about having a real studio. I mean, this has been my dream forever, so it's just crazy! I don't know what we are going to do yet, but just to be looking and discussing is a really cool thing! :)
Yesterday I got up extra early, because Maddie Kate's kindergarten Mother's Day program was in the morning, and I had to get ready and get Maddie off to school with Johnny and get Ava ready and drop her off. Since Johnny's parents were in town, I took Ava to stay with Vickie at Gpa & Gma Ragland's for the morning, because of course I did NOT want to wrestle with Ava during Maddie Kate's sweet little program! It kinda felt like what I guess most working mom's feel like in the morning; getting up early and getting everyone ready for the day, dropping the kids at the babysitter, etc. I am SO glad I don't have to do that! I would go crazy I think!
Anyway, the program was so cute. All the moms sat in the kids seats, and there were lots of crafts and cards and decorations the kids had made for us, even a little petunia in a pot! The kids came in and sang a few songs and said a poem, and if I do say so myself, Maddie Kate did wonderfully, especially at saying her memorized line. She was adorable! Then the kids served us refreshments and Mrs. White read us a terribly sad book called "Someday" that I have to get. It was so sweet, and of course, all about your baby growing up. I bawled, which you can totally tell I have been crying in this picture of us after the program. The teacher also had made a photo slide show, set to the Beach Boys song "God Only Knows" and it was photos of the kids with their moms and the kids as babies. It was very sweet. All I know is, if I cried that much at the Mother's day program, how bad is it going to be next Friday at Kindergarten Graduation?!
Here's the sweet crazy life part: after the program we came home to change, I answered some emails, we ran out to the Ragland's for lunch, I fell asleep for an hour on the couch (I always get super sleepy when my day is not in my regular routine!!) then ran back to town to pick up Vickie's mother's day flowers and card, ran back out to the Ragland's, everyone came there for a little while, then everyone needed to go home, so we came home and changed to go to MaddieKate's softball practice, ate at the Custard Stand, came home and decided to finish up the landscaping project we have been trying to squeeze in for the past week, (flowers and mulch and all that!) then came in, cleaned up and played Wii with Johnny and MK until it was time to go to sleep! It was a very busy, but very sweet day! By the way, we LOVE our Nintendo Wii! being able to make caricatures of yourself, family and friends to play sports with is lots of fun!
Today I have been trying to clean the house and get ready for the engagement shoot I have this afternoon! I hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You all are so very special, and I love you very much. Thanks again for the beautiful Mother's Day flowers and card! I thank the Lord that he allowed me to be a mom and grandma. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day, Jessica!

    Love you,
    Vickie

    P.S. Anxious to see you landscaping project next week!

    ReplyDelete