Friday, March 13, 2009

New floor setup & and Ava story or two...

Johnny helped me get this setup done, so I pretty much give him all the credit for this new setup that I have! I showed him a picture of what I wanted, and he just took care of it for me! Thanks honey! :)



I have to have a piece of plywood anyway because I set up my studio in my living room, and it's carpeted. So we picked out this linoleum to glue onto it (doesn't it look real!?) Then I just put whatever backdrop up that I want, and place the trim along the bottom, and voila! It looks just like you're sitting on the floor with a pretty wall behind you!



So, if you come for a session and want to use this look, just let me know! It's easy! :)

Ava has been busting out the spring dresses lately...she can't wait to wear them for real. I have a feeling she will be wearing a dress everywhere we go this summer!
Speaking of Ava, I have a few stories from the past few weeks I haven't shared. One afternoon I put her down for a nap, and when she got up, I didn't go in her room until that evening when we were putting the girls to bed. Maddie Kate was in there already, climbing into bed, and I heard her say, "How am I supposed to sleep in THIS?!" so I went in there to look, and Ava had found some cheese crackers (I think they were in a purse leftover from church) and apparently instead of eating them, crunched them all up and spread them all over the bed. What would possess her to do this? I mean, that's so babyish! We had to take the bed completely apart and remake it so they could go to bed that night.
Another story: Lately, Ava has become quite the confiscator! She is always sneaking things into her room, bed, or purse. Lately it has been lipgloss (which she is banned from having due to a mishap several months ago involving lipgloss all over my pretty green paisley chair and ruining the pillows on the chair...) and sometimes my nail polish. She snuck some nailpolish last week and painted on the wall on her room with it. Anyway, neither of those things is the real story!
On Sunday evening, we were getting ready to head out the door to church, and Ava had packed a purse so full it was bulging. So Johnny decided to check it out before we left. He found nailpolish, a huge lollipop, and a bag of sweettarts, and a $20 bill. He took that stuff away, and we left for church. On the way to church, he said, "You know, Ava didn't get upset at all when I took that stuff out of her purse, you better check it again when we get to there. " This is true, usually if you take something away that she has stolen, she gets very upset and cries. When we got to church, I immediately took the purse and looked through it, and guess what I found? Johnny's church youth group account checkbook! Ava is the ultimate 3 year old sneakypants!

2 comments:

  1. I love the new setup! It does not look like linoleum at all! Very very creative... Sounds like Ava is just making sure you guys stay on your toes...LOL!
    Melodee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, Ava is too funny. A $20 bill??!! Ack!

    And that floor looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete