Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hillary's Senior Pictures

Hillary may be the "farthest away" senior I have ever photographed! She lives an hour and a half away (or so) and found me on the internet! I am always interested to see how people find me here in lil' ol' Sesser! Anyway, she got out of school early and came to meet up with me so we could do some outdoor photos. Unfortunately, it was raining a little, so we didn't get to do much outside, but we did what we could quickly, and I'm glad we did, because I love her outdoor pictures! There was a big dog in an SUV near where we were shooting, and it barked and growled and scared us to death!!
Here's Hillary:
Thanks Hillary for choosing me for your senior pictures! It was fun meeting you, your mom, and your sister!

Ava has been on a roll lately! She has been saying so many funny things! Like tonight, I asked her where her Daddy was, (not realizing he was just in the other room) and she said,"He's outside, working on my rollercoaster." Where does it come from?
I think I have mentioned before how we have been trying to teach Ava the concept of "obeying". I think this is a very heavily taught subject in her Sunday School class right now too, because every week she comes home with a paper about "obeying"! Well, the other day, she had been being pretty bad, and getting into lots of trouble, so I was holding her and making her look me in the eye while I went over once again, who the "bosses" are and who are not the bosses. Then I made her repeat it back to me. I said sternly, "Now, who are the bosses?" and she said in a teary voice, "Daddy and Mommy." I said, "Who are NOT the bosses?" and she said, "Maddie Kate and Ava and Cohen." and I said, "That's right." Then she said, "And not the dogs." I almost lost it! So I sent her on her way and looked up at Johnny who had been watching, and he made a sad face and said, "Not the dogs!" We laughed forever! That's the problem with her, she's so funny, that even when she is in enormous trouble and you are so upset with her, she makes you laugh, and it's hard to punish her!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Ava is so funny...I love reading your blogs about her. She reminds me of my little Katie...is it the 2nd child syndrome or something? She definitely thinks "she's the boss" and even gets on to Tyler when he's in trouble! So funny, I'm glad I'm not the only one dealing with a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahem..i'm a 2nd child!! well..i am told i have the syndrome too ;-)

    that girl never stops being cute!! and the dogs..wow that is too great!

    as for hillary--she is so edgy! i love the pics; my fav is the up close with the jacket collar. :-)

    ReplyDelete