Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Baby Session and a family update

I hope everyone had a happy Easter! I know, it's been a long time since I posted (besides the one silly Easter pic of Ava!) but we have had Spring Break and Easter, so it has just been a busy time for our family. I haven't had time to do anything! (That seems pretty normal for me these days, with my high-maintenance 2 1/2 year old...more about her later... and my high-maintenance baby who won't sleep at night! :)

Anyway, I have a preview of a baby session I did just before Spring Break! He was about 3 months old, and so sweet! He seemed so big compared to my Cohen, I just can't believe that they grow SO FAST! Here's Trace:He is loving his mommy in all these pictures, he couldn't take his eyes off of her! :)
So sweet! I love baby sessions, and Trace did great! Thanks for letting me photograph him!

Here's a tiny preview for the 2 sessions that are currently waiting for their pictures:
Cool old car, huh? Fun family too! More to come...
I LOVE laughing pictures! Engagement sessions are one of my favorites! More later...

Here are my silly girls doing the basic teenage girl myspace picture! I think Daddy might have had something to do with this....
We took a little trip to Effingham to visit Johnny's parents for a few days since Maddie Kate and Johnny were on Spring Break. The day we headed up there, I had a Dr. appt, and I took Cohen with me, and Johnny took Ava and Maddie Kate to the mall. When they came back to pick me up, Ava was wearing a very mismatched outfit (sweatpants with boots). Johnny had had to dig out something else for her to wear out of her suitcase because she had an accident on the floor in Hibbetts! She has been potty trained for awhile now, but she has been regressing the past few weeks really badly. I don't know if it's an attention thing or what, but I can't wait till she gets it right again!
This is Cohen, the first time he ever wore overalls. He must think he's Superman. :)
These are my little Easter bunnies! Poor Cohen, he has no idea that mommy put silly bunny ears on him!
I did attempt some Easter photos with my girls in their Easter dresses, here are a few:

Johnny actually took this one of the glamorous Maddie Kate!
This next one is funny to me because it's actually just a timer picture! We didn't have any one to take a snapshot of us all together on Easter, (and I think my sister still has my tripod) so I set the camera on the piano bench and this is what we got:It's not the greatest, but at least we have a picture. And I know, we don't match, and only the girls actually look springy(they had to wear sweaters over their dresses), but Easter came so early this year, and it's not warm enough for spring clothing!Daddy with his boy!
And this is what happens when you hand the camera to a 6 year old! :)
This is Ava on Easter afternoon.

We didn't make her take a nap since my whole family was over for dinner and spent the afternoon, but about 6, she passed out sitting up on the couch watching Maddie Kate playing Wii.

This morning when I started typing this blog (It has taken pretty much all morning due to all my little interruptions! :) I heard Ava making a racket in Cohen's room. I went in to check and she was walking out holding Maddie Kate's Amazing Amanda doll. She said, "I put lipgloss on my girl." I looked and the doll looked fine, and I didn't see any lipgloss anywhere, so I figured she was just pretending. A few minutes later I walked back into the playroom to put a movie on for her, and discovered a little jar of Vaseline (which had been on Cohen's changing table) open on the floor, right next to Amazing Amanda. Upon closer inspection, I found Amazing Amanda had "lipgloss" all over her face, some in her hair, and all over her legs. A Barbie SUV that was sitting nearby was also covered from bumper to bumper with Vaseline.
Why does she do these things? How does she think of it? And how does she do them so quickly?! I can't possibly keep up! :) :(

Jessica

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the myspace pic!! Before you know it they will have myspace!! The family pic was good! If you ever need a break give me a call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great group of pics!!! And I think that I'm going to go hide the Vaseline from my daughter right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the family pics! I laughed and laughed over the Ava vaseline story. She's a busy girl with a lot of work to do in a day. She will get the potty thing back on track, too. Maddie Kate is growing up so fast; she and Ave are beautiful! Baby Cohen is so handsome; I love the overalls pic!
    Love to everybody!!

    ReplyDelete