Monday, February 8, 2010

Mostly Right Brained...makes perfect sense!

I found this quiz on a fellow photographer's blog and thought I would try it out myself just to see how I would score...and it was pretty much as I suspected!

Which Side Do You Use?

You responded as a right brained person to 12 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 6questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type. Remember, this only represents half of the picture. After you read the description, click on the link at the bottom of the page to find out how to use this information to improve your study strategies. Do not forget to print your results, if your instructor has requested you to do so.

Some of the traits associated with the right side of the brain are listed in the table. Not all of the traits will apply to you. Remember, we use both side of our brain, but your right sides gets the most exercise.

Type of Cognitive Processing

Brief Description

HolisitcProcessing information from whole to part; sees the big picture first, not the details.
Random Processing information with out priority, jumps form one task to another.
Concrete Processes things that can be seen , or touched - real objects.
IntuitiveProcesses information based on whether or not it feels right know answer but not sure how it was derived.
NonverbalProcesses thought as illustrations.
Fantasy-Oriented Processes information with creativity; less focus on rules and regulations


This makes me laugh SO much, because I always say I need a map or very detailed directions (including nearest restaurants or gas stations), my office area is a big pile of papers, (calendar, ideas, receipts, bills, business everything) that I have to dig through to find anything that I need (but at least I know what I need is in the pile!), I always say my decorating style is random (I don't necessarily have to have order to have things the way I like it), my husband always says I would get more done if I would focus on one certain task instead of multi-tasking my way through the day (I say if I didn't multi-task, there would be no Jessica Hollis Photography!), and I never care too much about the technical side of anything, with enough creativity, who needs to know how it actually works! ha Probably even the way I wrote this past sentence (a really long run on instead of numbering my points) shows my right-brained-ness!

If you took the quiz, comment me with your results!

3 comments:

  1. Funny, I just took the test, and I was 10 right-brained, 8 left-brained. Not too surprising, b/c I tend to usually fall in the middle on these sorts of things, but I do think I am more right-brained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You responded as a right brained person to 8 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 10questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type. Remember, this only represents half of the picture. After you read the description, click on the link at the bottom of the page to find out how to use this information to improve your study strategies. Do not forget to print your results, if your instructor has requested you to do so.

    Some of the traits associated with the left side of the brain are listed in the table. Not all of the traits will apply to you. Remember, we use both side of our brain, but your left sides gets the most exercise.

    Type of Cognitive Processing


    Brief Description
    Linear Processing information from part to whole; in a straight forward logical progression.
    Sequential Processing information in order from first to last.
    Symbolic Processes symbols an pictures; likes to use letters, words and mathematical symbols.
    Logical Processes information piece by piece using logic to solve a problem.
    Verbal Processes thoughts and ideas with words.
    Reality-Based Processes information based on reality; focuses on rules and regulations

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took the test and it said I answered 9 left brain and 9 right brain, but then it said I was left-brained. Hmmmm......

    Staci

    ReplyDelete